As Stephen Pope tells New Zealand’s The Corner [LINK]:
Are you planning on releasing the Barbara’s album this year?
We’re shooting for that, yeah. Alicia from Lost Sounds and River City Tanlines is handling that. We recorded an LP with Jay Reatard like three years ago and we thought he’d deleted it in a fit of anger, cause that’s what he told us. Then the band kind of dissolved, but Alicia got hold of Jay’s recording machine, and it turned out that the Barbara’s LP was still on there. She’s been mixing it, and it’s been really slow process, but I think Goner’s going to put it out, hopefully this year.
Release: July 19, 2011
As Chosen By: Alicja Trout and Rich Crook
1. 1620 Echles St. – Black Wave
2. I’m Not a Machine – Black Wave
3. Black Coats/Whitefear – Rats Brains & Microchips
4. Its My Dream – Memphis Is Dead
5. Plastic Skin – Black Wave
6. Dark Shadows – Black Wave
7. Rats Brains & Microchips – Rats Brains & Microchips
8. Energy Drink & the Long Walk Home – Rats Brains & Microchips
9. You Don’t Know Remote Control – Rats Brains & Microchips
10. Reasons To Kill – Black Wave
11. Satan Bought Me – Memphis Is Dead
12. Radon Flows – Rats Brains & Microchips
13. Soul 4 Sale – Memphis Is Dead
14. I Sit I Watch I Wait (demo)
This week we are breaking the mold of expectation just a smidgen. For the first time we are harking back to an older group as our Band of the Week. In honor of the recent first year anniversery of Jay Reatard’s death, here is the Lost Sounds, one of Jay’s earlier bands- a synth heavy, bizarre Punk outfit that had a nice flavor of Jay to it, but was also completely disparate from his solo work that you could enjoy on both levels. From what I hear, they were fantastic live. Oh, it’s such as shame! Jay Reatard: 1980-2010.